A beautiful pool and cabana is open from May 1 to September 30 of each year. Pool Hours are from 9AM to 9PM
In light of COVID 19, we are all expected to comply as much as possible with the rules issued by DHEC in the state of South Carolina.
Some of the important facts that you need to know are:
- The maximum occupancy of the pool will be 25 people. This number is based on the recommended guidelines (5 people per 1000 sq ft of pool/deck area).
- Nothing in the pool area (chairs, bathrooms, railings, etc) will be cleaned on a daily basis by the community. It will be cleaned 3 times per week pursuant to our contract in place.
- No cleaning supplies, sanitizers, etc. will be provided by the community. It is up to you to clean and sanitize the area that you use, including the bathroom, after you are finished using it. Every time.
- Social distancing (6 feet apart) still applies to the pool and pool area.
- Some of the chairs may be removed to promote social distancing. You may want to consider bringing your own chair.
- Due to the limited space, we are asking that residents do not bring guests to the pool during this pool season.
- If you and your family choose to use the Mahaffey Plantation swimming pool this pool season please know th at you are doing so at YOUR OWN RISK. By choosing to use the pool, you are acknowledging that the possibility exists that you, a family member, or anyone that you may come in contact with may become ill from or otherwise be exposed to COVID-19. That is a burden that you will have to decide to bear on a family-by-family basis. If you are not willing to accept this risk, then please do not use the pool.
General Expectations for Pool and Cabana
SAFETY / HEALTH REGULATIONS
These regulations are mandated by DHEC for the entire state of South Carolina.
Violations of these regulations can cause pool closure and/or fines as dictated by DHEC.
- No solo swimming or diving.
- No pushing, boisterous or rough play, spitting or nose-blowing. The hose & showers are NOT toys.
- No smoking in fenced area.
- No glass allowed in pool or on pool deck area.
- No persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs may use pool.
- No persons with skin, eye, nasal infections or communicable diseases in pool.
- No animals or pets in pool or pool area - DHEC requirement.
- No disruptive music.
- No skateboards, bicycles, scooters, roller blades or skates are allowed in the pool fenced area.
CHILDREN AT THE POOL
- Swim-diapers are required for all non-potty trained children.
- Children 6 & younger must be accompanied to the restroom by an adult.
- Children 15 and younger may not enter pool or pool area without adult supervision (18 and older).
- Adults are responsible for the conduct of their children. Please be considerate of your neighbors.
- Balloons are not permitted in the pool, as this can cause damage to pool pumps.
- Keep gates locked AT ALL TIMES. No climbing on fences.
- Please close pool umbrellas after use and remove personal items upon exiting.
- Keep bathroom doors closed & lights off when not in use.
- Always lock pool gate if you are the last resident to leave the pool.
- All guests must be accompanied by an adult homeowner.
- Contact HOA in the event of a guest with an extended visit.
- Homeowners are responsible for the conduct of their guests.
To report a pool emergency, of if you have questions regarding the pool condition, please call Stephanie Williams, Managing Agent of HOA Community Management - 864-277-4507 x3 firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call CLARITY POOL MANAGEMENT directly 864-979-1154 and ask for Phil Skitt of Tim Sherman, owner operations.
Mahaffey Plantation HOA reserves the right to revoke any homeowner’s / household’s access to the pool for misuse or non-compliance with either DHEC or community pool rules.